Donate to The Bridge
Your tax-deductible contribution directly supports youth in crisis.
$50 Provides emergency crisis counseling for a child within 24-hours of arrival
$100 Begins the healing process for a troubled teen and family through a family counseling session
$250 Supports one child through 24-hours of a crisis providing overnight shelter, meals, counseling, and advocacy
$500 Sponsors a 16 or 17 year old child for a week who is unable to return home with lodging, meals, case management, and counseling.
5 Easy Ways to Donate
1. Donate online
2. Donate by mail
Send your donation to the following address. You will receive a receipt by mail.
The Bridge for Youth
1111 West 22nd Street
Minneapolis, MN 55405
ATTN: Development Director
3. Donate by phone
Call 612-377-8800. We accept checks, credit cards, or donations of stocks. We will send you a receipt by mail.
*See the IRS determination of The Bridge for Youth’s 501(c)(3) status here.
*The Bridge for Youth is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization registered with the Minnesota Attorney General’s office. Click here to review registration filings with the Attorney General.
The Bridge ranks #2 on Guidestar’s list of Top 20 High Impact Non Profits
Minnesota Philanthropy Partners, Guidestar, and Philanthroped named The Bridge for Youth one of the Top 20 Local Non Profits impacting education for at-risk youth. Read the report here.
The Bridge for Youth also earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal for dedication to transparency. Click here for more information.
4. Weddings. Memorials. Hosting Your Own Fundraiser. And, More!
No need for toasters and place settings? Wedding guests can give to The Bridge for Youth in honor of your special day.
From bake sales to bowling, chili cook offs and holiday coffee, kids, companies, churches, and families have hosted lots of fun fundraising events to benefit The Bridge. Make a few signs, advertise your event, order brochures from The Bridge and have fun! Mail the proceeds to The Bridge or drop off in person and take a tour.
Contact Jennifer Harding for details.
5. In-Kind Giving
The Bridge for Youth gratefully accepts in-kind donations from individuals, corporations and organizations. We have limited storage space so please review the wish list below. Please contact Lauren Campbell to confirm what’s needed, and for information about drop-off procedures: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help make Rita’s House a home:
Other needs include:
- Duffel bags (especially rolling duffel bags), suitcases, and backpacks
- Non-gendered pajamas, sweats, and basketball shorts
- Commercial-grade cookware
- DVDs (rated PG or PG-13)
- Shower curtains
- Chest binders
- Footwear or Footlocker gift cards
- Bathroom decor
- Portable speaker
- Hand soap
- New or gently used camping tents
- Wireless headphones
- Dress clothes
- Ice maker
- Art supplies: (fountain pens, crayons, markers, paints, construction paper, brushes, etc.) (No glitter please)
- Pajama pants and pajamas (for teens)
Year round needs include:
- $5 or $10 gift cards to Cub Foods, Target, Subway, Caribou, Jimmy John’s, Walmart, Chipotle, Five Guys, Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Starbucks, Bus Passes
- Bed In A Bag: duffle bags, new twin sheet sets, new comforters, and new pillows
- Seasonal clothing for teens, particularly larger sizes. New or gently used winter coats
- Boys/Girls Hoodies (S-XXL), Boys/Girls Sweatpants (S-XXL), Boys/Girls Underwear (S-XXL), Boys/Girls Socks, Sports Bras (S-XXL)
- Slippers, flip flops, sandals, new sneakers
- Ear Buds and Board Games
Annual Report Information
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. This policy applies to all information received by The Bridge for Youth, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.