The Bridge for Youth is a premier resource for youth and families in crisis. We ensure a continuum of care to provide shelter and support, to reunite families whenever possible, and when it is not, to build independent living skills in young people. The Bridge for Youth is a community leader in the development of approaches for youth and their families to resolve problems and develop healthier relationships.
The Bridge for Youth is a non-profit, community-based agency that offers a dynamic and supportive working environment with creative and committed colleagues and an opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to youth and families in our community. The Bridge offers a competitive benefits package and generous PTO to full-time employees.
The Bridge is committed to promoting a culture that embraces diversity and individuality. We encourage all interested job-seekers to apply.
The Bridge for Youth Statement Affirming Diversity [v. 060215]
The Bridge for Youth is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and affirming environment for youth, family and staff. We appreciate all differences and are respectful and curious about “otherness.”
Every person has a unique set of internalized assumptions and biases. The Bridge is committed to challenging those assumptions and biases which can negatively impact the lives of youth, families, staff, and the community we live in. To read more,click here.
The Bridge for Youth is a premier resource for youth and families in crisis. We ensure a continuum of care to provide shelter and support, reunite families whenever possible and to build independent living skills in young people. The Bridge for Youth is a community leader in the development of approaches for youth and their families to resolve problems and develop healthier relationships.
Job Type: Full Time Regular
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Posting Date: September 9th 2016
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the direction of the Director of Finance and Operations the Accountant is responsible for administering key finance and accounting functions for the organization.
- Utilize QuickBooks and spreadsheet software to accurately maintain all general ledger accounts, reconcile bank statements, conduct monthly and year-ear closing procedures, and prepare monthly financial statements using generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare draw requests for county, state and federal funds
- Prepare financial reports required to Corporate, Foundation, County, State and Federal Funders.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, allocate budget over each month. Prepare weekly cash flow forecast
- Work with Development Department to ensure the accrue recording of all donations and receive projections month to update cash flow projections.
- Assist Director of Finance, in the preparation of requested materials for auditors in advance of fieldwork.
- Work with insurance brokers on liability and worker’s compensation audits.
- Enter Accounts payable and monitor other staff entries into the accounting software.
- Process weekly checks.
- BA degree in Accounting and 2 years’ experience or equivalent in education and years of experience.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software, Microsoft Excel spreadsheet preparation, and Word are required.
- Accounting/Bookkeeping experience required, preferably in the non-profit sector and grant funded organizations.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Able to balance diverse responsibilities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
Submit internal application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bridge for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to embracing diversity and individuality, and opposed to practices which discriminate on basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, handicap, disability, age, or nationality. We apply this policy of unbiased consideration not only to our hiring process, but also to recruitment, promotion, transfer, compensation, layoff, and termination. We are further committed to taking affirmative action to ensure our employment opportunities are accessible to individuals who meet the qualifications conducive to available positions, and we encourage all interested job-seekers to apply.