The Bridge for Youth is a premier resource for youth and families in crisis. We ensure a continuum of care to provide shelter and support, to reunite families whenever possible, and when it is not, to build independent living skills in young people. The Bridge for Youth is a community leader in the development of approaches for youth and their families to resolve problems and develop healthier relationships.
The Bridge for Youth is a non-profit, community-based agency that offers a dynamic and supportive working environment with creative and committed colleagues and an opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to youth and families in our community. The Bridge offers a competitive benefits package and generous PTO to full-time employees.
The Bridge is committed to promoting a culture that embraces diversity and individuality. We encourage all interested job-seekers to apply.
The Bridge for Youth Statement Affirming Diversity [v. 060215]
The Bridge for Youth is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and affirming environment for youth, family and staff. We appreciate all differences and are respectful and curious about “otherness.”
Every person has a unique set of internalized assumptions and biases. The Bridge is committed to challenging those assumptions and biases which can negatively impact the lives of youth, families, staff, and the community we live in. To read more,click here.
Youth & Family Advocate
The Bridge for Youth is a premier resource for youth and families in crisis. We ensure a continuum of care to provide shelter and support, reunite families whenever possible and to build independent living skills in young people. The Bridge for Youth is a community leader in the development of approaches for youth and their families to resolve problems and develop healthier relationships.
Position: Youth & Family Advocate
Job Type: Full Time Regular
This position is responsible for providing direct services to youth and families that are coping with crises while operating within a framework of agency philosophy and goals. The ideal candidate will have the skills and compassion necessary for building the capacity of youth and families toward increasing their overall sense of well-being.
- Provide direct care, supervision, guidance and milieu therapy to youth.
- Develop specialized program plans for youth.
- Co-facilitate and lead group sessions with youth.
- Provide screenings for services, administer assessments and intake services, document and report abuse (when necessary), and complete required file work for youth entering the shelter program.
- Bachelor’s degree or final year of B.A. program in psychology, social work, or related human services field and/or two years of experience working with youth.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (preferred). Bi-lingual (preferred).
- Must clear a background check.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Finance and Operations Director
The Finance and Operations Director acts a key leader and member of the senior leadership team, this position has significant impact on the organization’s ability to meet its financial and other goals. The person in this position is responsible for leading and managing financial management, information technology and compliance functions and properties. The person in this position also serves as the primary staff representative for the Finance, Audit and related Committees.
Position: Finance and Operations Director
Job Type: Full Time Exempt/Senior Level Leadership
Reports to: Executive Director
Posting Date: February 22nd, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP.)
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director, review all financial plans and budgets, monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the Finance Committee of the Board.
- Lead and oversee financial and business operations with functional responsibilities over accounting, general ledger, grant awards, accounts receivable, banking and capital assets.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting; manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies.
- Maintain a proper system of internal controls to ensure the proper recording of financial activity and to protect organizational assets.
- Ensure all statutory obligations of the organization are met.
- Participate in ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior leadership team. Partner with the Executive Director on operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide recommendations to the Executive Director based on financial analysis and projections.
- Lead and oversee general insurance needs.
- Oversee operations functions of the organization including property management, compliance and general insurance.
- Manage direct staff to ensure they are set up for success. Facilitate regular feedback from team members, peers and leaders to build stable and high performing teams. Provide coaching to support the growth of skills and strengths through the use of the organization’s talent management processes.
- Manage and plan organization’s IT functions including network services and server operations, data backup and recovery, security, equipment maintenance and upgrades and software implementation and upgrades including database. Work closely with third-party vendors and consultants.
- Engage members of the senior leadership team to facilitate cross-functional collaboration that ensures that all Administrative and IT solutions positively support the organization’s strategies, operations and data collection needs.
- In partnership with the senior leadership team, develop and maintain the organization’s work environment and culture.
- Leadership, high level of confidentiality, ethical standards and conduct, strategic and forward-thinking, strong analytical abilities, problem solving, communication, time management, decision making, organizational skills and ability to work with others internally and externally.
- This is a full-time, exempt position. Primary hours will be between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday through Friday but the person in this position must be available evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting or related field (Masters’ degree and/or licensure such as Certified Public Accountant preferred but not required.)
- Minimum of three or more years of progressively responsible experience in management of financial and administrative operations, preferably in a nonprofit setting with nonprofit finance. Experience with government grants and contracts preferred.
- Strong financial management and accounting background with experience implementing internal financial policies and controls.
- Ability to communicate and build effective working relationships with people at all levels.
- Practical understanding of technology.
Must clear background check
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Experience with and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills
Submit cover letter specifying qualification and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bridge for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to embracing diversity and individuality, and opposed to practices which discriminate on basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, handicap, disability, age, or nationality. We apply this policy of unbiased consideration not only to our hiring process, but also to recruitment, promotion, transfer, compensation, layoff, and termination. We are further committed to taking affirmative action to ensure our employment opportunities are accessible to individuals who meet the qualifications conducive to available positions, and we encourage all interested job-seekers to apply.